- Please read this manual carefully before installation.
- Please also refer to the Toyota Service Manual in conjunction with this manual.
- After the installation has been completed, please keep this manual for future reference.
- If the installation was done in a shop, please make sure to give this manual to the owner.
- Toyota workshop service manual
- Mechanic’s tool kit
- This product was designed specifically for the application specified. If an attempt is made to use this product on another car other than specified, you will risk damaging this part and/or components related to it.
- Do not use any excessive force when using this product as you risk damaging the product or other parts.
- This product must be installed with the appropriate tools and equipment to prevent any electrical failures, injuries, or bodily harm.
Preparing for replacement:
- Park your vehicle.
- Engage the parking brake to keep the wheels locked. Ensure your vehicle will not move. Shut off the engine and ignition, and remove the key from the ignition switch.
- Risk of injury to skin and eyes if there’s contact with hot coolant spray. Risk of poisoning from swallowing coolant.
- Attention! Do not open cooling system unless the engine has cooled down. Open cap slowly and release the pressure. Do not pour coolant into beverage bottles.
- Wear protective gloves, protective clothing, and eye protection.
- Remove radiator support opening cover.
- Remove front fender liner LH.
- Remove front fender liner RH.
- Remove front bumper spoiler.
- Remove center engine under cover.
- Remove front bumper cover.
- Remove headlight assembly LH.
- Drain HV coolant.
- Remove Auxiliary Coolant Pump.
1 Disconnect the connector.
2 Disconnect two inverter cooling hoses. When removing coolant hoses, some coolant will drain off. Please prepare a canister for coolant. Remove the bolt, then remove the Auxiliary Coolant Pump.
- Install Auxiliary Coolant Pump.
1 Install the Auxiliary Coolant Pump with the bolt.
2 Plug in the connector. 3 Connect coolant hoses.
- Fill the system with coolant.
- Bleed coolant system according to the service manual.
- Check coolant system for leaks.
- Install all previously removed parts in the reverse order.
If you do not feel confident doing the job yourself, have a certified technician perform the replacement.