- WARNING: Disconnect battery to ensure lights are not powered up when working on them. High voltage from ballast is fed to bulb unit and is very dangerous.
- Please read this manual carefully before installation.
- Please also refer to your vehicle service manual in conjunction with this manual.
- Please keep in mind that HID systems use a very high voltage and require appropriate knowledge to operate them. We strongly recommend you leave the replacement work to trained specialists.
- After the installation has been completed, please keep this manual for future reference.
- If the installation was done in a shop, please make sure to give this manual to the owner.
- Your vehicle workshop service manual
- Mechanic’s tool kit
- The HID system uses a very high voltage and requires relevant skills and knowledge to operate on it. We strongly recommend you leave the replacement work to trained specialists.
- This product was designed specifically for the application specified. If an attempt is made to use this product on another car other than specified, you will risk damaging this part and/or components related to it.
- Do not use any excessive force when installing this product as you risk damaging the product or other parts.
- This product must be installed with the appropriate tools and equipment to prevent any electrical failures, injuries, or bodily harm.
Preparing for replacement:
- Park your vehicle.
- Engage the parking brake to keep the wheels locked. Ensure your vehicle will not move. Shut off the engine and ignition, and remove the key from the ignition switch.
- Open the hood. Disconnect the battery, removing the negative terminal first. (When connecting the battery back, the negative terminal should be connected last.)
- Depending on your vehicle, some components should be removed to reach HID ballast. Please refer to your vehicle manual to find out which components should be removed and remove them.
- Disconnect the headlight unit cable.
- Remove and disconnect the HID ballast cable from the headlight unit.
- Install and connect the new HID ballast.
- Connect the headlight cable.
- Install removed components in the reverse order.
If you do not feel confident doing the job yourself, have a certified technician perform the replacement.