- Please carefully read this manual carefully before installation.
- Please also refer to your vehicle service manual in conjunction with this manual.
- After the installation has been completed, please keep this manual for future reference.
- If the installation was done in a shop, please make sure to give this manual to the owner.
- Auxiliary Coolant Pump
- Your vehicle workshop service manual
- Mechanic’s tool kit
- This product was designed specifically for the application specified. If an attempt is made to use this product on another car other than specified, you will risk damaging this part and/or components related to it.
- Do not use any excessive force when using this product as you risk damaging the product or other parts.
- This product must be installed with the appropriate tools and equipment to prevent any electrical failures, injuries, or bodily harm.
Preparing for replacement:
- Park your vehicle.
- Engage the parking brake to keep the wheels locked. Ensure your vehicle will not move. Shut off the engine and ignition, and remove the key from the ignition switch.
- Risk of injury to skin and eyes if there’s contact with hot coolant spray. Risk of poisoning from swallowing coolant.
- Attention! Do not open cooling system unless the engine has cooled down. Open cap slowly and release the pressure. Do not pour coolant into beverage bottles.
- Wear protective gloves, protective clothing, and eye protection.
- Drain HV coolant.
- Remove any interfering parts, if necessary.
- Disconnect the Auxiliary Coolant Pump connector.
- Remove coolant hoses from the Auxiliary Coolant Pump.
- Remove the three bolts and the Auxiliary Coolant Pump.
- Install new Auxiliary Coolant Pump. Tighten bolts.
- Connect the coolant hoses and connector back.
- Install all previously removed parts in the reverse order.
- Add HV coolant to required level.
- Bleed HV coolant system according to the service manual.
- Check coolant system for leaks.
If you do not feel confident doing the job yourself, have a certified technician perform the replacement. You can also buy a new water pump for your car in our online store: Engine Cooling Parts – MOTIV8 Engineering (motiv8parts.com)