- Please read this manual carefully before installation.
- Please also refer to the BMW Service Manual in conjunction with this manual.
- After the installation has been completed, please keep this manual for future reference.
- If the installation was done in a shop, please make sure to give this manual to the owner.
- Vanos Solenoid
- BMW workshop service manual
- Mechanic’s tool kit
- This product was designed specifically for the application specified. If an attempt is made to use this product on another car other than specified, you will risk damaging this part and components related to it.
- Please have regular maintenance checks to ensure the item remains securely fitted.
- Do not use any excessive force when using this product as you risk damaging the product or other parts.
- This product must be installed with the appropriate tools and equipment to prevent any electrical failures, injuries, or bodily harm.
Preparing for replacement:
- Park your vehicle.
- Engage the parking brake to keep the wheels locked. Ensure your vehicle will not move. Shut off the engine and ignition, and remove the key from the ignition switch.
- The VANOS control unit is located behind the oil filter and tied back on the engine wiring harness.
- Remove the air guide for the alternator. Disconnect the plug.
- Remove the VANOS solenoid valve.
- Check the seal and replace it if necessary.
- Install the VANOS solenoid valve in reverse order: Tightening Torque = 30 Nm.
- Connect the air guide for the alternator.
If you do not feel confident doing the job yourself, have a certified technician perform the replacement.
We also remind you that you can buy a large number of solenoids in our store. You can find them here: Variable Valve Timing Solenoids – MOTIV8 Engineering (motiv8parts.com)